Army to remain in Kashmir till problem is there: Gen V K Singh
Bangalore: Chief of Army Staff General V K
Singh today said the Army would remain in Kashmir valley till
the crisis persisted there.
"The Army will remain in Kashmir till the problem is
there. The Army, which is needed for security of the border,
is already there. It is neither more nor less," he told
reporters on the sidelines of a function at Army Service Corps
He was responding to a question whether the Army should
be pulled out of Kashmir.
On whether the Army`s presence is required in Kashmir, he
declined to comment on the issue.
"The issue is already being discussed in Parliament at
length. I would not like to comment on it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL