Army to remain in Kashmir till problem is there: Gen V K Singh
Bangalore: Chief of Army Staff General V K
Singh today said the Army would remain in Kashmir valley till
the crisis persisted there.
"The Army will remain in Kashmir till the problem is
there. The Army, which is needed for security of the border,
is already there. It is neither more nor less," he told
reporters on the sidelines of a function at Army Service Corps
He was responding to a question whether the Army should
be pulled out of Kashmir.
On whether the Army`s presence is required in Kashmir, he
declined to comment on the issue.
"The issue is already being discussed in Parliament at
length. I would not like to comment on it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list