Aspirants lobby hard for berth in Siddaramaiah cabinet
Bangalore: With Karnataka Chief Minister- designate Siddaramaiah all set to install his Cabinet next week, lobbying for ministerial berths has intensified.
Siddaramaiah is slated to be sworn in alone by Governor HR Bhardwaj at 11.50 AM on Monday at a ceremony at Sri Kanteerava Stadium.
Unlike previous occasions when such functions were held in Glass House of Raj Bhavan which restricted participation due to security and space constraints, the venue this time is seen as an attempt by the incoming Congress government to make it a big show and accommodate a large number of people.
Siddaramaiah and Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee President G Parameshwara said today both of them, along with Congress General Secretary in-charge of State Madhusudan Mistri, would finalise the probables for Cabinet berths after the nod of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Siddaramaiah called on Parameshwara, who lost in Koratagere segment in the May five Assembly elections, and it was termed by the latter as a "cordial and courtesy visit".
The shock defeat of Parameshwara, one of the key contenders for the Chief Minister`s post, has given rise to conspiracy theories in a section of the Congress that his fall was orchestrated by some forces within the party.
There is already talk that Parameshwara, who is in the good books of the Congress central leadership which acknowledged his role in Congress storming to power in the state, might be made an MLC and is likely to get a key portfolio.
Senior party leaders, including DK Shivakumar, RV Deshpande, Shamanur Shivashankarappa and TB Jayachandra who were among aspirants for Chief Ministership, are likely to get plum ministries in the Cabinet, according to party sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users