Aspirants lobby hard for berth in Siddaramaiah cabinet
Bangalore: With Karnataka Chief Minister- designate Siddaramaiah all set to install his Cabinet next week, lobbying for ministerial berths has intensified.
Siddaramaiah is slated to be sworn in alone by Governor HR Bhardwaj at 11.50 AM on Monday at a ceremony at Sri Kanteerava Stadium.
Unlike previous occasions when such functions were held in Glass House of Raj Bhavan which restricted participation due to security and space constraints, the venue this time is seen as an attempt by the incoming Congress government to make it a big show and accommodate a large number of people.
Siddaramaiah and Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee President G Parameshwara said today both of them, along with Congress General Secretary in-charge of State Madhusudan Mistri, would finalise the probables for Cabinet berths after the nod of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Siddaramaiah called on Parameshwara, who lost in Koratagere segment in the May five Assembly elections, and it was termed by the latter as a "cordial and courtesy visit".
The shock defeat of Parameshwara, one of the key contenders for the Chief Minister`s post, has given rise to conspiracy theories in a section of the Congress that his fall was orchestrated by some forces within the party.
There is already talk that Parameshwara, who is in the good books of the Congress central leadership which acknowledged his role in Congress storming to power in the state, might be made an MLC and is likely to get a key portfolio.
Senior party leaders, including DK Shivakumar, RV Deshpande, Shamanur Shivashankarappa and TB Jayachandra who were among aspirants for Chief Ministership, are likely to get plum ministries in the Cabinet, according to party sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in