Assaulted Dandeli ACF dies in hospital
Sirsi: Assistant Conservator of Forests Madan H Naik, who was allegedly assaulted by a six-member tourist group on May 6, has died in hospital, police said on Wednesday.
The official died yesterday in a Dharwad hospital, where he was admitted after he was seriously injured allegedly by the group of tourists at the Dandeli crocodile park, about 80 km from here.
The ACF was allegedly assaulted when he tried to prevent the group from throwing meat to crocodiles in Kali river at the Dandeli crocodile park telling them it was dangerous and may result in the reptiles attacking them.
But the tourists who were reportedly in an inebriated state refused to pay heed to his advice and instead allegedly assaulted him injuring him seriously.
Three have been nabbed and a hunt is on for the others, police said.
When the body was brought to Dandeli today, various local organisations staged protests demanding stringent action against those accused in the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai