Assaulted Dandeli ACF dies in hospital
Sirsi: Assistant Conservator of Forests Madan H Naik, who was allegedly assaulted by a six-member tourist group on May 6, has died in hospital, police said on Wednesday.
The official died yesterday in a Dharwad hospital, where he was admitted after he was seriously injured allegedly by the group of tourists at the Dandeli crocodile park, about 80 km from here.
The ACF was allegedly assaulted when he tried to prevent the group from throwing meat to crocodiles in Kali river at the Dandeli crocodile park telling them it was dangerous and may result in the reptiles attacking them.
But the tourists who were reportedly in an inebriated state refused to pay heed to his advice and instead allegedly assaulted him injuring him seriously.
Three have been nabbed and a hunt is on for the others, police said.
When the body was brought to Dandeli today, various local organisations staged protests demanding stringent action against those accused in the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened