Assaulted woman battles for life in Karnataka
Ramanagara: A physically battered woman, who was found in an unconscious state with serious head injuries in a field in this district headquarter town, is battling for life in a government hospital in nearby Bangalore, police said on Friday.
"The woman who was admitted to Victoria Hospital in Bangalore on February 3, underwent a brain surgery and is still unconscious but responds to strong stimuli," hospital sources said.
Speaking to PTI, Inspector General of Police (Central Range) Amar Kumar Pandey said, "the identity of the woman who is in her early twenties is not known yet. Whether or not she has been sexually molested will be determined only after we receive the FSL (forensic science laboratory) and medical reports."
Some "incriminating evidence" were found at the spot, suspects were being questioned and the case was being investigated, he said.
Former minister and senior KJP leader Shobha Karandlaje, who visited the woman at the hospital, accused the government of being "insensitive and non-responsive" on the matter.
She said that she had written three letters to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar after the `Nirbhaya` case in Delhi, to ensure safety of women in the state, but the government had not responded.
Since the Legislature session was on, "at least some rules and regulations on safety of women could be framed. But nobody raised the issue".
The chief minister, she said, had not responded to her request of shifting the woman to National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) as "that was a better place for neuro problems".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij