Assaulted woman battles for life in Karnataka
Ramanagara: A physically battered woman, who was found in an unconscious state with serious head injuries in a field in this district headquarter town, is battling for life in a government hospital in nearby Bangalore, police said on Friday.
"The woman who was admitted to Victoria Hospital in Bangalore on February 3, underwent a brain surgery and is still unconscious but responds to strong stimuli," hospital sources said.
Speaking to PTI, Inspector General of Police (Central Range) Amar Kumar Pandey said, "the identity of the woman who is in her early twenties is not known yet. Whether or not she has been sexually molested will be determined only after we receive the FSL (forensic science laboratory) and medical reports."
Some "incriminating evidence" were found at the spot, suspects were being questioned and the case was being investigated, he said.
Former minister and senior KJP leader Shobha Karandlaje, who visited the woman at the hospital, accused the government of being "insensitive and non-responsive" on the matter.
She said that she had written three letters to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar after the `Nirbhaya` case in Delhi, to ensure safety of women in the state, but the government had not responded.
Since the Legislature session was on, "at least some rules and regulations on safety of women could be framed. But nobody raised the issue".
The chief minister, she said, had not responded to her request of shifting the woman to National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) as "that was a better place for neuro problems".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy