Assaulted woman battles for life in Karnataka
Ramanagara: A physically battered woman, who was found in an unconscious state with serious head injuries in a field in this district headquarter town, is battling for life in a government hospital in nearby Bangalore, police said on Friday.
"The woman who was admitted to Victoria Hospital in Bangalore on February 3, underwent a brain surgery and is still unconscious but responds to strong stimuli," hospital sources said.
Speaking to PTI, Inspector General of Police (Central Range) Amar Kumar Pandey said, "the identity of the woman who is in her early twenties is not known yet. Whether or not she has been sexually molested will be determined only after we receive the FSL (forensic science laboratory) and medical reports."
Some "incriminating evidence" were found at the spot, suspects were being questioned and the case was being investigated, he said.
Former minister and senior KJP leader Shobha Karandlaje, who visited the woman at the hospital, accused the government of being "insensitive and non-responsive" on the matter.
She said that she had written three letters to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar after the `Nirbhaya` case in Delhi, to ensure safety of women in the state, but the government had not responded.
Since the Legislature session was on, "at least some rules and regulations on safety of women could be framed. But nobody raised the issue".
The chief minister, she said, had not responded to her request of shifting the woman to National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) as "that was a better place for neuro problems".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in