Bacchegowda opposes disruption to Congress padyatra
Bangalore: Even as he hit out at the Congress
for launching the padayatra over the illegal mining issue,
Karnataka Labour Minister B N Bacchegowda today opposed any
disruption to it.
"The Congress` action is shameless. But in a democracy
everyone has a right to agitate in his own way. They are doing
their padayatra. There should be no attempt to disrupt it",
Gowda said reacting to the statement by his cabinet colleague,
Health Minister B Sreeramulu, who apprehended trouble in
Bellary when the Congress rally entered the town.
Congress is holding a rally in Bellary on August 9,
capping its 16-day long padayatra from Bangalore.
Speaking to the press here, Gowda said the first meeting
of the reconstituted Construction Labourers Welfare Board has
decided to take up awareness camp to enroll more labourers as
members to provide benefits from the Board.
As of now 1.6 lakh labourers were enrolled, he said.
The Board has so far accumulated Rs 540 crore funds by
collecting one per cent cess on the amount invested on
construction of buildings in the state towards providing
welfare schemes to construction labourers, he said.
A complex would be constructed on the city outskirts to
provide dormitory facilities for labourers and also a training
institute to impart skill training in various trades of
construction would be set up there, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Super Sunday, IPL 2016: What RCB, KKR, DD need to do to qualify for playoffs!
- 'MyShake' app turns your smartphone into quake detector
- Leonardo DiCaprio slammed for taking private jet to pick up award
- WATCH: When PM Narendra Modi made fun of Congress, blasted the party over corruption, poverty
- Over 150 BJP workers detained as they protest in Delhi against party worker's murder in Kerala