Bacchegowda opposes disruption to Congress padyatra
Bangalore: Even as he hit out at the Congress
for launching the padayatra over the illegal mining issue,
Karnataka Labour Minister B N Bacchegowda today opposed any
disruption to it.
"The Congress` action is shameless. But in a democracy
everyone has a right to agitate in his own way. They are doing
their padayatra. There should be no attempt to disrupt it",
Gowda said reacting to the statement by his cabinet colleague,
Health Minister B Sreeramulu, who apprehended trouble in
Bellary when the Congress rally entered the town.
Congress is holding a rally in Bellary on August 9,
capping its 16-day long padayatra from Bangalore.
Speaking to the press here, Gowda said the first meeting
of the reconstituted Construction Labourers Welfare Board has
decided to take up awareness camp to enroll more labourers as
members to provide benefits from the Board.
As of now 1.6 lakh labourers were enrolled, he said.
The Board has so far accumulated Rs 540 crore funds by
collecting one per cent cess on the amount invested on
construction of buildings in the state towards providing
welfare schemes to construction labourers, he said.
A complex would be constructed on the city outskirts to
provide dormitory facilities for labourers and also a training
institute to impart skill training in various trades of
construction would be set up there, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez