Bail applications of two accused in illegal mining case rejected
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday rejected bail applications of two of the accused in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation (AMC), owned by mining baron G Janardhana Reddy.
CBI court judge BM Angadi rejected bail pleas of the then Deputy Conservator of Forest AC Muthaiah and SP Raju on grounds that there was "sufficient material to show their active involvement in the illegal mining of AMC."
Also, most of the witnesses who were their subordinates had stated before the Magistrate that they had acted under threat, he said.
The two are the fourth and sixth accused in the case.
Meanwhile, the Karnataka High Court disposed of the bail petition of Mehfuz Ali Khan, Reddy`s personal aide and 22nd accused in the case and directed him to approach the CBI Special Court.
The petition came up for hearing before Justice V Jagannathan.
On Jul 10, the CBI court had granted to bail Lakshmi Aruna, the second accused in the case after she appeared before the court in compliance to a summons issued on her on July 2.
Reddy, arrested along with Khan in September 2011 by CBI continues to remain in Judicial custody and is currently lodged in Bangalore Central Jail.
Their bail petitions have been rejected by the CBI court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'