Bail pleas of Janardhana Reddy adjourned to Aug 18
Bangalore: A CBI court on Monday adjourned to August 18 hearing of the bail applications filed by former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, his personal aide Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) owned by Reddy.
CBI court judge B M Angadi adjourned the matters to August 18 after prosecution filed their objections to the bail applications filed by the main accused Janardhana Reddy and Mehfuz Ali Khan, the fifth accused in the case.
Meanwhile, Ali Khan filed an interim bail application which is adjourned to tomorrow for filing of objections by the prosecution.
On August 4, Ali Khan had filed the bail application. Subsequently on August 9, Janardhana Reddy also filed application seeking bail. Both are seeking bail for the second time.
The judicial custody of all the five accused in the case including Reddy and Khan has been extended till September 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch