Bail pleas of Janardhana Reddy adjourned to Aug 18
Bangalore: A CBI court on Monday adjourned to August 18 hearing of the bail applications filed by former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, his personal aide Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) owned by Reddy.
CBI court judge B M Angadi adjourned the matters to August 18 after prosecution filed their objections to the bail applications filed by the main accused Janardhana Reddy and Mehfuz Ali Khan, the fifth accused in the case.
Meanwhile, Ali Khan filed an interim bail application which is adjourned to tomorrow for filing of objections by the prosecution.
On August 4, Ali Khan had filed the bail application. Subsequently on August 9, Janardhana Reddy also filed application seeking bail. Both are seeking bail for the second time.
The judicial custody of all the five accused in the case including Reddy and Khan has been extended till September 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Chinese President Xi Jinping urges caution over US missile deployment in South Korea
- 7th Pay Commission: Auto makers expect spurt in sales
- 'Star Trek Beyond' to hit Indian screens on July 22!
- Salman Khan failed to recognise Sushant Singh Rajput! - Details inside
- Bomb explosion in Syria kills seven, leaves 25 injured