Bail pleas of Janardhana Reddy adjourned to Aug 18
Bangalore: A CBI court on Monday adjourned to August 18 hearing of the bail applications filed by former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, his personal aide Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) owned by Reddy.
CBI court judge B M Angadi adjourned the matters to August 18 after prosecution filed their objections to the bail applications filed by the main accused Janardhana Reddy and Mehfuz Ali Khan, the fifth accused in the case.
Meanwhile, Ali Khan filed an interim bail application which is adjourned to tomorrow for filing of objections by the prosecution.
On August 4, Ali Khan had filed the bail application. Subsequently on August 9, Janardhana Reddy also filed application seeking bail. Both are seeking bail for the second time.
The judicial custody of all the five accused in the case including Reddy and Khan has been extended till September 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured