Balakrishne Gowda, son of former PM, gets anticipatory bail
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Wednesday granted anticipatory bail to H D Balakrishne Gowda, son of former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda in connection with a disproportionate asset case filed against him.
The order was passed by Justice V Jagannathan.
The Lokayukta police on August seven filed a charge-sheet against Balakrishne Gowda, a retired Karnataka Administrative Service officer, in a disproportionate assets case.
The disproportionate assets were valued at Rs 5.24 crore, according to the charge-sheet.
He retired under voluntary retirement scheme in 2005.
Earlier, the Special Lokayukta court had referred to the Lokayukta police a private complaint filed by S N Balakrishna, a retired teacher, who alleged that Balakrishne Gowda had amassed wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The case is being heard by the Special Lokayukta Court.
Balakrishne Gowda had accused the Lokayukta police of filing a "false" charge-sheet against him, and acting at the behest of former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali