Balakrishne Gowda, son of former PM, gets anticipatory bail
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Wednesday granted anticipatory bail to H D Balakrishne Gowda, son of former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda in connection with a disproportionate asset case filed against him.
The order was passed by Justice V Jagannathan.
The Lokayukta police on August seven filed a charge-sheet against Balakrishne Gowda, a retired Karnataka Administrative Service officer, in a disproportionate assets case.
The disproportionate assets were valued at Rs 5.24 crore, according to the charge-sheet.
He retired under voluntary retirement scheme in 2005.
Earlier, the Special Lokayukta court had referred to the Lokayukta police a private complaint filed by S N Balakrishna, a retired teacher, who alleged that Balakrishne Gowda had amassed wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The case is being heard by the Special Lokayukta Court.
Balakrishne Gowda had accused the Lokayukta police of filing a "false" charge-sheet against him, and acting at the behest of former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?