Balakrishne Gowda, son of former PM, gets anticipatory bail
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Wednesday granted anticipatory bail to H D Balakrishne Gowda, son of former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda in connection with a disproportionate asset case filed against him.
The order was passed by Justice V Jagannathan.
The Lokayukta police on August seven filed a charge-sheet against Balakrishne Gowda, a retired Karnataka Administrative Service officer, in a disproportionate assets case.
The disproportionate assets were valued at Rs 5.24 crore, according to the charge-sheet.
He retired under voluntary retirement scheme in 2005.
Earlier, the Special Lokayukta court had referred to the Lokayukta police a private complaint filed by S N Balakrishna, a retired teacher, who alleged that Balakrishne Gowda had amassed wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The case is being heard by the Special Lokayukta Court.
Balakrishne Gowda had accused the Lokayukta police of filing a "false" charge-sheet against him, and acting at the behest of former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi