Bangalore: 3 Railway lines work to be completed by March
Bangalore: Work on three railway lines would be completed by March next and thrown open for services, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said Wednesday.
Talking to reporters after reviewing the progress works of 14 on-going railway projects under implementation in the state under cost sharing basis in the company of Minister of State for Railways K H Muniyappa here, he said Kottur-Harihara, Kolar-Chikkaballapur and Kadur-Chikmagalur lines would be dedicated to the nation by March next.
A total amount of Rs 1026 crore has been spent on these three projects, Shettar noted.
This year Karnataka has released Rs 105 crore for various railway projects and also handed over 2960 acres of land to Railways.
Muniyappa said Karnataka stood in first place in taking up railway projects on cost sharing basis.
The Centre was yet to formulate a policy for taking up railway projects on PPP model, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi