Bangalore: 3 Railway lines work to be completed by March
Bangalore: Work on three railway lines would be completed by March next and thrown open for services, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said Wednesday.
Talking to reporters after reviewing the progress works of 14 on-going railway projects under implementation in the state under cost sharing basis in the company of Minister of State for Railways K H Muniyappa here, he said Kottur-Harihara, Kolar-Chikkaballapur and Kadur-Chikmagalur lines would be dedicated to the nation by March next.
A total amount of Rs 1026 crore has been spent on these three projects, Shettar noted.
This year Karnataka has released Rs 105 crore for various railway projects and also handed over 2960 acres of land to Railways.
Muniyappa said Karnataka stood in first place in taking up railway projects on cost sharing basis.
The Centre was yet to formulate a policy for taking up railway projects on PPP model, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!