Bangalore: 3 Railway lines work to be completed by March
Bangalore: Work on three railway lines would be completed by March next and thrown open for services, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said Wednesday.
Talking to reporters after reviewing the progress works of 14 on-going railway projects under implementation in the state under cost sharing basis in the company of Minister of State for Railways K H Muniyappa here, he said Kottur-Harihara, Kolar-Chikkaballapur and Kadur-Chikmagalur lines would be dedicated to the nation by March next.
A total amount of Rs 1026 crore has been spent on these three projects, Shettar noted.
This year Karnataka has released Rs 105 crore for various railway projects and also handed over 2960 acres of land to Railways.
Muniyappa said Karnataka stood in first place in taking up railway projects on cost sharing basis.
The Centre was yet to formulate a policy for taking up railway projects on PPP model, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof