Bangalore: 3 Railway lines work to be completed by March
Bangalore: Work on three railway lines would be completed by March next and thrown open for services, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said Wednesday.
Talking to reporters after reviewing the progress works of 14 on-going railway projects under implementation in the state under cost sharing basis in the company of Minister of State for Railways K H Muniyappa here, he said Kottur-Harihara, Kolar-Chikkaballapur and Kadur-Chikmagalur lines would be dedicated to the nation by March next.
A total amount of Rs 1026 crore has been spent on these three projects, Shettar noted.
This year Karnataka has released Rs 105 crore for various railway projects and also handed over 2960 acres of land to Railways.
Muniyappa said Karnataka stood in first place in taking up railway projects on cost sharing basis.
The Centre was yet to formulate a policy for taking up railway projects on PPP model, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!