Bangalore: 3 Railway lines work to be completed by March
Bangalore: Work on three railway lines would be completed by March next and thrown open for services, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said Wednesday.
Talking to reporters after reviewing the progress works of 14 on-going railway projects under implementation in the state under cost sharing basis in the company of Minister of State for Railways K H Muniyappa here, he said Kottur-Harihara, Kolar-Chikkaballapur and Kadur-Chikmagalur lines would be dedicated to the nation by March next.
A total amount of Rs 1026 crore has been spent on these three projects, Shettar noted.
This year Karnataka has released Rs 105 crore for various railway projects and also handed over 2960 acres of land to Railways.
Muniyappa said Karnataka stood in first place in taking up railway projects on cost sharing basis.
The Centre was yet to formulate a policy for taking up railway projects on PPP model, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani