Bangalore all set to host largest air show in Asia
Bangalore: Aero India, the largest air show in Asia and one of the world`s most important military aviation exhibitions, is all set to kick-start at Yelahanka Air Force Station here, from February 6 to 11.
This biennial air show and aviation exhibition organised by the Defence Ministry along with Indian Air Force, DRDO, Department of Space and Union Civil Aviation Ministry, aims at showcasing the range of products and services offered by the Indian Defence Industry in the international market, a press release said.
Aero India also provides an exposure to the Indian Armed Forces, R&D personnel and young engineers to latest technologies and advancements in the aviation and aerospace industries, release said.
The ninth edition of Aero India would be inaugurated by Defence Minister A K Antony on February 6.
The participation in Aero India has grown exponentially by both Indian and international industry since the first edition in Dec 1996.
"This growth has immensely contributed towards modernisation of the aviation and aerospace sector of the three wings of the Armed Forces of India", the release added.
While Aero India 2011 saw the participation from 29 countries with more than 600 companies and gross exhibition area of 75,000 Sqm, the ninth edition is expected to see participation of over 700 companies and 78 overseas delegations, covering an approximate gross exhibition area of 1,25,000 Sqm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss