Bangalore all set to host largest air show in Asia
Bangalore: Aero India, the largest air show in Asia and one of the world`s most important military aviation exhibitions, is all set to kick-start at Yelahanka Air Force Station here, from February 6 to 11.
This biennial air show and aviation exhibition organised by the Defence Ministry along with Indian Air Force, DRDO, Department of Space and Union Civil Aviation Ministry, aims at showcasing the range of products and services offered by the Indian Defence Industry in the international market, a press release said.
Aero India also provides an exposure to the Indian Armed Forces, R&D personnel and young engineers to latest technologies and advancements in the aviation and aerospace industries, release said.
The ninth edition of Aero India would be inaugurated by Defence Minister A K Antony on February 6.
The participation in Aero India has grown exponentially by both Indian and international industry since the first edition in Dec 1996.
"This growth has immensely contributed towards modernisation of the aviation and aerospace sector of the three wings of the Armed Forces of India", the release added.
While Aero India 2011 saw the participation from 29 countries with more than 600 companies and gross exhibition area of 75,000 Sqm, the ninth edition is expected to see participation of over 700 companies and 78 overseas delegations, covering an approximate gross exhibition area of 1,25,000 Sqm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...