Bangalore all set to host largest air show in Asia
Bangalore: Aero India, the largest air show in Asia and one of the world`s most important military aviation exhibitions, is all set to kick-start at Yelahanka Air Force Station here, from February 6 to 11.
This biennial air show and aviation exhibition organised by the Defence Ministry along with Indian Air Force, DRDO, Department of Space and Union Civil Aviation Ministry, aims at showcasing the range of products and services offered by the Indian Defence Industry in the international market, a press release said.
Aero India also provides an exposure to the Indian Armed Forces, R&D personnel and young engineers to latest technologies and advancements in the aviation and aerospace industries, release said.
The ninth edition of Aero India would be inaugurated by Defence Minister A K Antony on February 6.
The participation in Aero India has grown exponentially by both Indian and international industry since the first edition in Dec 1996.
"This growth has immensely contributed towards modernisation of the aviation and aerospace sector of the three wings of the Armed Forces of India", the release added.
While Aero India 2011 saw the participation from 29 countries with more than 600 companies and gross exhibition area of 75,000 Sqm, the ninth edition is expected to see participation of over 700 companies and 78 overseas delegations, covering an approximate gross exhibition area of 1,25,000 Sqm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery