Bangalore ATM assailant still at large: Police
Bangalore: Three weeks after the brutal attack on a woman bank official at an unguarded ATM kiosk here, the assailant was still on the run even as police said they were making "all efforts" to nab him.
"We are making all efforts, but still no arrest has been made in the ATM attack case. However, we have identified the assailant through CCTV footage," Bangalore Police Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar told reporters here.
On November 19, a 38-year-old officer with Corporation Bank was attacked with a machete inside the ATM kiosk with the gory act caught on CCTV footage sparking a national outrage.
Police, on November 20, had picked up a person from Hindupur in Andhra Pradesh for questioning after they recovered the mobile phone, which the assailant had sold to him. The phone was snatched from the woman by the attacker who hit her repeatedly with the machete leaving her in a pool of blood for nearly three hours before she was hospitalised.
Bangalore police have formed squads to nab the assailant and are in touch with their counterparts in neighbouring states also to crack the case.
Police have announced Rs 1 lakh cash reward for information leading to the arrest of the assailant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling