Bangalore ATM attack: Police detain suspect
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Police has detained a suspect in the brutal attack of a middle aged woman in an ATM kiosk last month.
The suspect resembles the woman’s attacker and has been detained in Tumkur area, as per news reports.
Andhra Pradesh PSU bank officials has in Anantapur district had earlier given a CCTV footage to the police of a man resembling the attacker of a woman bank officer, Jyothi Uday, at an ATM kiosk in Bangalore.
The November 11, 12 footage shows the man bearing a striking resemblance with the attacker.
He was wearing the same shirt and carrying the bag which he had at the time of the attack.
38-year-old Jyothi Uday, was attacked by an unidentified assailant with a machete inside her bank`s ATM kiosk. The ATM kiosk, unguarded at the time of incident, is located just metres away from a police station.
The assailant had hit the victim on her head and ran away with Rs 2,500 and her mobile.
The attacker is suspected to be behind the murder of an elderly woman in Dharmavaram town of Anantapur on November 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets