Bangalore child rape case: Accused sacked earlier for `misconduct`
Bangalore: The main accused arrested for alleged rape of a 6-year old student was sacked at a school earlier for "gross misconduct" with girls, the institution disclosed, even as protests over the outrageous incident persisted for the sixth day on Tuesday.
A day after taking over as city Police Commissioner in the top level police reshuffle following the incident, MN Reddi visited the scene of crime at Vibgyor High School, which has been asked by the government to reopen tomorrow after being shut down for nearly a week.
"After repeated warnings by way of counseling and memos, when it was found that Mustafa continued to touch girls while he guided them through their sporting activity, his services were terminated forthwith," Deens Academy Principal Shanthi Menon said in a statement released on the school`s Facebook page.
"There was no culpable incident whatsoever that required Deens to report him to the police," she added.
Mustafa, who joined Vibgyor High School in 2011, was arrested on Sunday, with police saying they had found pornographic content relating to children in the laptop recovered from him.
Primary and Secondary Education Minister Kimmane Ratnakar, who held a meeting with a group of teaching and non-teaching staff of the school and parents said, it will be asked to reopen tomorrow keeping in view the interest of about 3,500 students.
"....Keeping in view children`s future and to clear confusion among parents we will ask them to run the school, but the government will supervise it...," he said.
On Government`s letter to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations Board to derecognise the school as it comes under its ambit as an ICSE school, Ratnakar said,"...It will go as per the inquiry procedures...."
Meanwhile, protests by students of different colleges were held at different parts of the city.
At a BJP rally, attended by former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, state unit Chief Prahlad Joshi and others, party leaders criticised the Congress government on various issues, including the increasing offences against women and demanded Home Minister K J George`s resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video