Bangalore couple, 2 Nigerians arrested for selling fake drugs
Bangalore: An Indian couple and two Nigerian nationals have been arrested for selling a senior citizen fake drugs for nearly Rs 12 lakh claiming it could cure cancer.
The four approached the senior citizen through e-mail and lured him into believing that he can earn big money by selling the "drug" which was "pieces of wood mixed with hair-dye". They collected Rs 11,95,000 from him, police said here.
The Central Crime Branch (Women and Narcotics) squad arrested Revathi (20), her husband Muralidharan (22), both residents of Bangalore, along with Arebamen Abibu Obadan (35) and Joseph Nnamdi Emeanuwa (32), they said.
The squad seized three laptops, as many mobile phones, a car and other valuables that the accused bought with the money.
During investigation it came to light that the two Nigerians were overstaying in the country, as their visa had expired and had not been renewed. A local court has remanded the four in judicial custody.
A search is on for the fifth accused and foreign national Mark Hebert who is absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan