Bangalore normal, claims Shettar
New Delhi: Claiming that normalcy had come back to Bangalore, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagdish Shettar today exuded confidence that people from northeast, who had left the city due to "rumours", would soon return and said those behind spreading panic would be dealt with sternly.
Shettar, who was here to attend the BJP Chief Ministers` conference, said that despite rumours, not a single untoward incident had occurred in the state after one minor incident.
"Normalcy has come to Bangalore. We have given security to all the northeast people. They are very much safe in Bangalore. We have built up confidence among people from the region staying in Bangalore for the last ten to twelve years," Shettar said.
"Some rumours had been spread...But uptil now not one untoward incident has taken place in Bangalore. Yesterday five persons have been arrested by the police and we have started investigations and we`ll find out the culprits and punish them...Those behind spreading rumours will be dealt with sternly," he said.
The Karnataka Chief Minister also said ministers from northeastern states had inspected the steps taken by his government and had expressed satisfaction.
"Cabinet ministers from Assam and other states came yesterday and expressed satisfaction over all the security measures taken by the state government," he said.
When asked who were responsible for spreading these dangerous rumours, Shettar said it will come out after investigations.
He said many people from the northeast had gone because their family members had called them and would be back soon.
"They will come back. Because of some parents calling and some other things they have gone. They will come back. We have given assurance to all the northeast people," Shettar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!