Bangalore normal, claims Shettar
New Delhi: Claiming that normalcy had come back to Bangalore, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagdish Shettar today exuded confidence that people from northeast, who had left the city due to "rumours", would soon return and said those behind spreading panic would be dealt with sternly.
Shettar, who was here to attend the BJP Chief Ministers` conference, said that despite rumours, not a single untoward incident had occurred in the state after one minor incident.
"Normalcy has come to Bangalore. We have given security to all the northeast people. They are very much safe in Bangalore. We have built up confidence among people from the region staying in Bangalore for the last ten to twelve years," Shettar said.
"Some rumours had been spread...But uptil now not one untoward incident has taken place in Bangalore. Yesterday five persons have been arrested by the police and we have started investigations and we`ll find out the culprits and punish them...Those behind spreading rumours will be dealt with sternly," he said.
The Karnataka Chief Minister also said ministers from northeastern states had inspected the steps taken by his government and had expressed satisfaction.
"Cabinet ministers from Assam and other states came yesterday and expressed satisfaction over all the security measures taken by the state government," he said.
When asked who were responsible for spreading these dangerous rumours, Shettar said it will come out after investigations.
He said many people from the northeast had gone because their family members had called them and would be back soon.
"They will come back. Because of some parents calling and some other things they have gone. They will come back. We have given assurance to all the northeast people," Shettar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today