Bangalore orphanage case: One detained for alleged sexual abuse
Bangalore: One person was detained for allegedly seeking sexual favours from a girl, who was sexually harassed by a 75-year-old South Korean national heading an orphanage here, when she was a minor several years ago.
"We have detained Manuel Jaisingh, an associate of the South Korean national, yesterday. He has been detained for seeking sexual favours from the victim who is now 24 years old," DCP (North-East) Suresh told.
A case was registered with the Kothanur police station against the South Korean, who was absconding, and his employee under various sections of the IPC, including 354 relating to assault or criminal force against a woman with the intent to outrage her modesty, on the basis of a complaint filed by the victim, Suresh said.
The woman has in her complaint alleged the South Korean national had been sexually exploiting her for years when she was a minor and that his staffer was abetting it.
The vicitim told that the Korean national sexually abused her when she was a minor at the orphanage headed by him.
"He started abusing me when I was nine years. He later began abusing another girl. We had no choice but to obey him", she recalled.
"I managed to escape after I got married and left the orphanage in 2006," she said, adding, "I was not the lone victim facing sexual assault in the orphanage. Three other girls also had to face the trauma."
Suresh, a former driver of the orphanage, alleged he had seen the Korean national in compromising position with a girl and later learnt from the victim that he was sexually abusing her.
He said he left the job in 2009 after successfully rescuing one of the girls from there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons