Bangalore orphanage case: One detained for alleged sexual abuse
Bangalore: One person was detained for allegedly seeking sexual favours from a girl, who was sexually harassed by a 75-year-old South Korean national heading an orphanage here, when she was a minor several years ago.
"We have detained Manuel Jaisingh, an associate of the South Korean national, yesterday. He has been detained for seeking sexual favours from the victim who is now 24 years old," DCP (North-East) Suresh told.
A case was registered with the Kothanur police station against the South Korean, who was absconding, and his employee under various sections of the IPC, including 354 relating to assault or criminal force against a woman with the intent to outrage her modesty, on the basis of a complaint filed by the victim, Suresh said.
The woman has in her complaint alleged the South Korean national had been sexually exploiting her for years when she was a minor and that his staffer was abetting it.
The vicitim told that the Korean national sexually abused her when she was a minor at the orphanage headed by him.
"He started abusing me when I was nine years. He later began abusing another girl. We had no choice but to obey him", she recalled.
"I managed to escape after I got married and left the orphanage in 2006," she said, adding, "I was not the lone victim facing sexual assault in the orphanage. Three other girls also had to face the trauma."
Suresh, a former driver of the orphanage, alleged he had seen the Korean national in compromising position with a girl and later learnt from the victim that he was sexually abusing her.
He said he left the job in 2009 after successfully rescuing one of the girls from there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh