Bangalore Police Commissioner Mirji transferred
Bangalore: Bangalore Police Commissioner BG Jyothiprakash Mirji was on Friday transferred as per the direction of the Election Commission.
Home Secretary Raghavendra H Auradkar was posted in his place and directed to take over the charge with immediate effect.
"This order is issued as per the direction of Election Commission of India for smooth conduct of elections in a free and fair manner", an official notification said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31