Bangalore Police Commissioner Mirji transferred
Bangalore: Bangalore Police Commissioner BG Jyothiprakash Mirji was on Friday transferred as per the direction of the Election Commission.
Home Secretary Raghavendra H Auradkar was posted in his place and directed to take over the charge with immediate effect.
"This order is issued as per the direction of Election Commission of India for smooth conduct of elections in a free and fair manner", an official notification said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!