Bangalore Police Commissioner Mirji transferred
Bangalore: Bangalore Police Commissioner BG Jyothiprakash Mirji was on Friday transferred as per the direction of the Election Commission.
Home Secretary Raghavendra H Auradkar was posted in his place and directed to take over the charge with immediate effect.
"This order is issued as per the direction of Election Commission of India for smooth conduct of elections in a free and fair manner", an official notification said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city