Bangalore Police issue notice to Yeddyurappa to end dharna
Bangalore: Bangalore Police have issued a notice to former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa asking him to stop his dharna demanding extension of the "Shaadi Bhagya" scheme to all communities and vacate the place.
Police said Yeddyurappa had sought permission for the protest only for eight days but the dharna entered the 13th day today, with no extension granted.
The former CM had launched a dharna on October 31 in front of the Gandhi statue here demanding extension of the Rs 50,000 dole given to poor Muslim girls at the time of marriage to all communities.
On November 4, Yeddyurappa had announced extension of his dharna at the same place till November 24.
Under fire from Opposition over the scheme, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah had said yesterday that his government was considering extending it to all sections living Below the Poverty Line.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory