Bangalore Police issue notice to Yeddyurappa to end dharna
Bangalore: Bangalore Police have issued a notice to former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa asking him to stop his dharna demanding extension of the "Shaadi Bhagya" scheme to all communities and vacate the place.
Police said Yeddyurappa had sought permission for the protest only for eight days but the dharna entered the 13th day today, with no extension granted.
The former CM had launched a dharna on October 31 in front of the Gandhi statue here demanding extension of the Rs 50,000 dole given to poor Muslim girls at the time of marriage to all communities.
On November 4, Yeddyurappa had announced extension of his dharna at the same place till November 24.
Under fire from Opposition over the scheme, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah had said yesterday that his government was considering extending it to all sections living Below the Poverty Line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars