Bangalore Police issue notice to Yeddyurappa to end dharna
Bangalore: Bangalore Police have issued a notice to former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa asking him to stop his dharna demanding extension of the "Shaadi Bhagya" scheme to all communities and vacate the place.
Police said Yeddyurappa had sought permission for the protest only for eight days but the dharna entered the 13th day today, with no extension granted.
The former CM had launched a dharna on October 31 in front of the Gandhi statue here demanding extension of the Rs 50,000 dole given to poor Muslim girls at the time of marriage to all communities.
On November 4, Yeddyurappa had announced extension of his dharna at the same place till November 24.
Under fire from Opposition over the scheme, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah had said yesterday that his government was considering extending it to all sections living Below the Poverty Line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj