Bangalore rape horror: Accused was dismissed from previous job, says police
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Bangalore: In a fresh disclosure in the Bangalore rape case, the police on Monday said that the accused – a skating instructor – was dismissed from his service in a previous school.
The police, however, added that they have yet to ascertain why the accused was thrown out of the previous job.
The skating instructor was arrested yesterday in connection with the alleged rape of a six-year-old student.
It is the first arrest in the incident which occurred on July 2 and came to light on July 14 after a police complaint was lodged.
"Mustafa, a skating instructor, has been arrested," Bangalore Police Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar said.
Police said they also seized a laptop and a mobile from the accused which are filled with pornographic material. "The laptop had videos of school children being raped downloaded from Internet. This shows his state of mind," the commissioner added.
Also today, protests continued in the city in connection with the incident.
A large number of protesters, including parents and ABVP activists, gathered outside the Vibgyor High School here this morning.
A scuffle broke out between the protesters and police after the former attempted to break barricades.
The police then had to resort to lathi-charge to dispel the protesters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'