Bangalore school rape case: Two new arrests, cops uncertain of skating instructor`s role
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: The Bangalore police on Tuesday arrested two gym instructors in connection with the alleged rape of a six-year-old in the premises of reputed Vibgyor High School last week.
"A complaint of rape has turned out to be a case of gang-rape after the arrest of two more persons in the Vibgyor High School case," City Police Commissioner MN Reddi reportedly said.
The police further admitted that they are uncertain about the role of skating instructor, alias Munna, who was arrested last week, in connection with the incident.
The police had claimed that his seized laptop and mobile phone were loaded with child porn and he was arrested on the basis of circumstantial evidence.
They had also said that gym instructors may not have been involved, as had been suspected initially.
“We have arrested two gym instructors who are responsible for the incident,” said MN Reddy, Bangalore police Commissioner.
"We are investigating the role of the man arrested earlier in the incident. A complaint from his earlier school has been registered," Reddy said.
The gym instructors - Lalgiri and Wasim Pasha - have been booked under a stringent law on protecting children from sexual crimes.
Meanwhile, the parents have demanded a thorough probe into the incident and said that they have no faith in the investigation being done by Bangalore police.
The horrific incident took place on July 02 when the Class I student was gang-raped by two school staffers during school hours.
The school`s founder chairman Rustom Kerawalla was later arrested on charges including destroying evidence of the crime and failing to ensure the safety of the victim.
The incident led to nation wide outrage and massive protests against the school in the city.
The arrest comes shortly after the school reopened for students from Class 5 to 10 on Monday. Classes for the remaining students are scheduled to begin on Wednesday.
The school reopened after parents of the students asked the school management to implement several guidelines including installing CCTV cameras, deployment of women security guards and proper background check of employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'