Bangalore serial blast case: SC extends Maudany`s bail
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday extended by a month the bail to Abdul Nazir Maudany, prime accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blast case, on health grounds.
A bench of justices J Chelameswar and A K Sikri said it was not interfering with its order after the Karnataka government objected to Maudany`s plea to allow him to continue on bail.
The apex court, on July 11, had granted one-month bail to Maudany. He has been behind bars for the last four years and is suffering diabetes and vision-threatening ailment in both eyes.
The apex court had earlier directed the Karnataka government to provide medical treatment to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui