Bangalore serial blast case: SC extends Maudany`s bail
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday extended by a month the bail to Abdul Nazir Maudany, prime accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blast case, on health grounds.
A bench of justices J Chelameswar and A K Sikri said it was not interfering with its order after the Karnataka government objected to Maudany`s plea to allow him to continue on bail.
The apex court, on July 11, had granted one-month bail to Maudany. He has been behind bars for the last four years and is suffering diabetes and vision-threatening ailment in both eyes.
The apex court had earlier directed the Karnataka government to provide medical treatment to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH