Bangalore serial blast case: SC extends Maudany`s bail
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday extended by a month the bail to Abdul Nazir Maudany, prime accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blast case, on health grounds.
A bench of justices J Chelameswar and AK Sikri said it was not interfering with its order after the Karnataka government objected to Maudany`s plea to allow him to continue on bail.
The apex court, on July 11, had granted one-month bail to Maudany.
He has been behind bars for the last four years and is suffering diabetes and vision-threatening ailment in both eyes.
The apex court had earlier directed the Karnataka government to provide medical treatment to him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory