Bangalore: Transparency key to good governance
Bangalore: Transparency is fundamental to good governance, said Nikhil Dey, activist from Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sanghatan (MKSS), Rajasthan, on Monday.
Delivering the key note address of a state-level consultation on “People’s participation for good governance”, organised by CIVIC Bangalore, CFAR, MKSS in collaboration with Sakala Mission, Dey said complete information, time-bound guarantee to get reply from the authorities concerned, participation and protection for the complainant were the main factors that enable people to get good governance.
“Efforts should be made to implement wall writing at all anganwadis and fair price depots. It will give information about the beneficiaries and also empower people to question about irregularities,’’ he said.
Participating in the consultation, state minister for law, human rights and parliamentary affairs TB Jayachandra said Karnataka was the first state in the country to implement the Transparency Act.
“Administration in the state remains the best compared with other states. Transparency plays a key role in ensuring good governance. Administration has to be strengthened and it should provide relief for people,’’ he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Speed trial of Spanish-built Talgo train conducted on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route
- The never-ending vigil for millions yearning to bury their dead
- Irrfan Khan's 'Madaari' release date postponed, will hit screens on July 15!
- Indus era at least 8,000 years old, not 5,500; culminated due to climate change!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sunny Leone, Taapsee Pannu – Stars who donned the purple colour in elan!