Bangalore: Transparency key to good governance
Bangalore: Transparency is fundamental to good governance, said Nikhil Dey, activist from Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sanghatan (MKSS), Rajasthan, on Monday.
Delivering the key note address of a state-level consultation on “People’s participation for good governance”, organised by CIVIC Bangalore, CFAR, MKSS in collaboration with Sakala Mission, Dey said complete information, time-bound guarantee to get reply from the authorities concerned, participation and protection for the complainant were the main factors that enable people to get good governance.
“Efforts should be made to implement wall writing at all anganwadis and fair price depots. It will give information about the beneficiaries and also empower people to question about irregularities,’’ he said.
Participating in the consultation, state minister for law, human rights and parliamentary affairs TB Jayachandra said Karnataka was the first state in the country to implement the Transparency Act.
“Administration in the state remains the best compared with other states. Transparency plays a key role in ensuring good governance. Administration has to be strengthened and it should provide relief for people,’’ he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof