Bangalore: Wipro job racket busted, four arrested
Bangalore: Four persons, including a woman, were arrested for allegedly duping at least 37 job seekers to the tune of Rs 1.80 lakh on the pretext of providing them employment at a leading IT firm.
The accused were identified as Rajiv Ranjan (30) from Bihar, Mohammed Azar (25) native of Andhra Pradesh, Sathya Priya (25) a resident of Tamil Nadu and M N Naryanana (29) hailing from Kerala, according to Bangalore Police Commissioner B G Jyothiprakash Mirji.
Explaining their modus operandi, he said Priya would lure job seekers and collect documents and original certificates from them with a promise to get them employed in Wipro in Bangalore.
The accused would then accompany them to the Wipro campus, where she would arrange for a meeting with her accomplices, posing as Wipro personnel. The accused would then arrange for an "interview" with a person posing as an employee of the HRD division of the company.
Mirji said the accused managed to gain entry into the Wipro campus by misusing the vendor entry cards issued by the company.
The accused would then hand over the victims appointment letters for the post of software trainee engineers with a annual income of Rs 2.94 lakh. The fake letter also asked them to report to Wipro in the month of September, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living