Bangarappa demands CBI probe against Yeddy
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister
S Bangarappa on Monday asked the Centre to seek Supreme Court
direction for a CBI probe into allegations of corruption faced
by Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa.
Addressing a press conference here, Bangarappa said
approaching the court had become necessary as Yeddyurappa has
refused to entrust to the CBI a probe into allegations made
He alleged that a firm owned by the Yeddyurappa family had
built a star hotel in Shimoga "in violation of all rules" and
demanded its demolition.
Bangarappa, whom Yeddyurappa defeated in the 2008 Assembly
polls from Shikaripura seat, wants the Income Tax department
to probe the source of funding for the project.
He alleged that though the Yeddyurappa family claims it has
invested Rs 12 crore in the project, the actual investment was
about Rs 39 crore.
Yeddyurappa`s son B Y Raghavendra humbled Bangarappa in the
2009 Lok Sabha election from Shimoga constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read