Bangarappa demands CBI probe against Yeddy
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister
S Bangarappa on Monday asked the Centre to seek Supreme Court
direction for a CBI probe into allegations of corruption faced
by Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa.
Addressing a press conference here, Bangarappa said
approaching the court had become necessary as Yeddyurappa has
refused to entrust to the CBI a probe into allegations made
He alleged that a firm owned by the Yeddyurappa family had
built a star hotel in Shimoga "in violation of all rules" and
demanded its demolition.
Bangarappa, whom Yeddyurappa defeated in the 2008 Assembly
polls from Shikaripura seat, wants the Income Tax department
to probe the source of funding for the project.
He alleged that though the Yeddyurappa family claims it has
invested Rs 12 crore in the project, the actual investment was
about Rs 39 crore.
Yeddyurappa`s son B Y Raghavendra humbled Bangarappa in the
2009 Lok Sabha election from Shimoga constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed