Basha files caveat in HC on petition filed by CM
Bangalore: An advocate on Friday filed a caveat in Karnataka High Court against the writ plea by Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa challenging Governor HR Bhardwaj`s sanction to prosecute him in alleged land scams on a private complaint.
The complaint had been filed by Bangalore-based Sirajin Basha and his associate.
Basha filed the caveat requesting that they be heard before the court passes any order on the petition.
In his writ petition filed yesterday, Yeddyurappa had alleged that the Governor`s sanction revealed "bias, non-application of mind and Constitutional impropriety".
On January 21, the Governor granted sanction to prosecute Yeddyurappa and others on a private complaint filed by Basha and KN Balraj over alleged involvement of Yeddyurappa and his family in land scams.
Following the sanction, the two lawyers had filed complaints against Yeddyurappa and some of his family members, including son-in-law Sohan Kumar, in a trial court.
However, the High court had on March 29 and April 1 stayed the proceedings in the trial court, on a petition filed by Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey