Basha files caveat in HC on petition filed by CM
Bangalore: An advocate on Friday filed a caveat in Karnataka High Court against the writ plea by Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa challenging Governor HR Bhardwaj`s sanction to prosecute him in alleged land scams on a private complaint.
The complaint had been filed by Bangalore-based Sirajin Basha and his associate.
Basha filed the caveat requesting that they be heard before the court passes any order on the petition.
In his writ petition filed yesterday, Yeddyurappa had alleged that the Governor`s sanction revealed "bias, non-application of mind and Constitutional impropriety".
On January 21, the Governor granted sanction to prosecute Yeddyurappa and others on a private complaint filed by Basha and KN Balraj over alleged involvement of Yeddyurappa and his family in land scams.
Following the sanction, the two lawyers had filed complaints against Yeddyurappa and some of his family members, including son-in-law Sohan Kumar, in a trial court.
However, the High court had on March 29 and April 1 stayed the proceedings in the trial court, on a petition filed by Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites