Basha files caveat in HC on petition filed by CM
Bangalore: An advocate on Friday filed a caveat in Karnataka High Court against the writ plea by Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa challenging Governor HR Bhardwaj`s sanction to prosecute him in alleged land scams on a private complaint.
The complaint had been filed by Bangalore-based Sirajin Basha and his associate.
Basha filed the caveat requesting that they be heard before the court passes any order on the petition.
In his writ petition filed yesterday, Yeddyurappa had alleged that the Governor`s sanction revealed "bias, non-application of mind and Constitutional impropriety".
On January 21, the Governor granted sanction to prosecute Yeddyurappa and others on a private complaint filed by Basha and KN Balraj over alleged involvement of Yeddyurappa and his family in land scams.
Following the sanction, the two lawyers had filed complaints against Yeddyurappa and some of his family members, including son-in-law Sohan Kumar, in a trial court.
However, the High court had on March 29 and April 1 stayed the proceedings in the trial court, on a petition filed by Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city