Battered baby Afreen’s father thrashed in jail
Bangalore: After committing the heinous crime of torturing his three-month-old daughter to death, Umar Farooq father of baby Afreen has been reportedly thrashed by his jail inmates here.
Umar Farooq was arrested on Sunday and put in Bangalore Central Jail. According to reports Farooq’s inmates had planned to attack him on Thursday.
Farooq allegedly killed his daughter because he wanted a son. Afreen died on Wednesday after battling for life for four days.
Soon after the reports of baby Afreen’s death after a cardiac arrest due to her injures, the inmates decided to teach Farooq a lesson for this heinous crime and planned to thrash him, jail sources said.
In an utmost surprise most of the convicts in the jail are serving life sentences for crimes ranging from robbery to murder, but it seems that even they too couldn’t think of standing by the brutal incident.
"Hardened criminals serving sentences here do not approve of cold-blooded murders, particularly those who take the lives of innocents such as infants. Such criminals are boycotted by other convicts. But even we did not expect they would assault Farooq," a source from the jail administration said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack