Battered baby Afreen’s father thrashed in jail
Bangalore: After committing the heinous crime of torturing his three-month-old daughter to death, Umar Farooq father of baby Afreen has been reportedly thrashed by his jail inmates here.
Umar Farooq was arrested on Sunday and put in Bangalore Central Jail. According to reports Farooq’s inmates had planned to attack him on Thursday.
Farooq allegedly killed his daughter because he wanted a son. Afreen died on Wednesday after battling for life for four days.
Soon after the reports of baby Afreen’s death after a cardiac arrest due to her injures, the inmates decided to teach Farooq a lesson for this heinous crime and planned to thrash him, jail sources said.
In an utmost surprise most of the convicts in the jail are serving life sentences for crimes ranging from robbery to murder, but it seems that even they too couldn’t think of standing by the brutal incident.
"Hardened criminals serving sentences here do not approve of cold-blooded murders, particularly those who take the lives of innocents such as infants. Such criminals are boycotted by other convicts. But even we did not expect they would assault Farooq," a source from the jail administration said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!