Belgaum airport upgradation to be completed by Jan or Feb
Belgaum: The ongoing upgradation work at Belgaum airport will be completed by the end of January or February, according to Deputy Commissioner N Jayaram.
The runway with upgradation will be stretched to 1,830 metres and will make way for ATR-72 flights with 78-passenger capacity, he said at an event here.
More flights can be pressed into service from Belgaum after upgradation, he said.
Other related infrastructure work would be completed latest by February 2015, he said.
"We have handed over 400 acres of land to the airport authorities for upgradation. However, Airports Authority of India`s demand is for more area and the government will try to acquire the required land and hand it over to them at the earliest," Jayaram said.
Prabhakar Kore, Rajya Sabha member, said a proposal to set up the Airport Training Centre for Naval Wing at Sambra would be sent to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire