Belgaum airport upgradation to be completed by Jan or Feb
Belgaum: The ongoing upgradation work at Belgaum airport will be completed by the end of January or February, according to Deputy Commissioner N Jayaram.
The runway with upgradation will be stretched to 1,830 metres and will make way for ATR-72 flights with 78-passenger capacity, he said at an event here.
More flights can be pressed into service from Belgaum after upgradation, he said.
Other related infrastructure work would be completed latest by February 2015, he said.
"We have handed over 400 acres of land to the airport authorities for upgradation. However, Airports Authority of India`s demand is for more area and the government will try to acquire the required land and hand it over to them at the earliest," Jayaram said.
Prabhakar Kore, Rajya Sabha member, said a proposal to set up the Airport Training Centre for Naval Wing at Sambra would be sent to the government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference