Belgaum airport upgradation to be completed by Jan or Feb
Belgaum: The ongoing upgradation work at Belgaum airport will be completed by the end of January or February, according to Deputy Commissioner N Jayaram.
The runway with upgradation will be stretched to 1,830 metres and will make way for ATR-72 flights with 78-passenger capacity, he said at an event here.
More flights can be pressed into service from Belgaum after upgradation, he said.
Other related infrastructure work would be completed latest by February 2015, he said.
"We have handed over 400 acres of land to the airport authorities for upgradation. However, Airports Authority of India`s demand is for more area and the government will try to acquire the required land and hand it over to them at the earliest," Jayaram said.
Prabhakar Kore, Rajya Sabha member, said a proposal to set up the Airport Training Centre for Naval Wing at Sambra would be sent to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened