Belgaum airport upgradation to be completed by Jan or Feb
Belgaum: The ongoing upgradation work at Belgaum airport will be completed by the end of January or February, according to Deputy Commissioner N Jayaram.
The runway with upgradation will be stretched to 1,830 metres and will make way for ATR-72 flights with 78-passenger capacity, he said at an event here.
More flights can be pressed into service from Belgaum after upgradation, he said.
Other related infrastructure work would be completed latest by February 2015, he said.
"We have handed over 400 acres of land to the airport authorities for upgradation. However, Airports Authority of India`s demand is for more area and the government will try to acquire the required land and hand it over to them at the earliest," Jayaram said.
Prabhakar Kore, Rajya Sabha member, said a proposal to set up the Airport Training Centre for Naval Wing at Sambra would be sent to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'