Belgaum Bandh evokes poor response
Belgaum: The Belgam bandh called by
Maharashtra Ekikaran Samiti (MES) in protest against
Thursday’s incident of ransacking of furniture, files and
breaking glass panes of the Corporation office, allegedly by
activists of Karnataka Rakshana Vedike (KRV) evoked a "poor"
response, police said.
Barring some shops and establishments who downed their
shutters in support of the bandh, by and large most commercial
establishments remained open and schools and colleges
functioned normally, police sources told PTI.
The city transport was not affected and buses and
auto-rickshaws plied as usual, they said.
Over 50 KRV activists were arrested in this connection and
67 others were taken into preventive custody today to prevent
any untoward situation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi