Belgaum Bandh evokes poor response
Belgaum: The Belgam bandh called by
Maharashtra Ekikaran Samiti (MES) in protest against
Thursday’s incident of ransacking of furniture, files and
breaking glass panes of the Corporation office, allegedly by
activists of Karnataka Rakshana Vedike (KRV) evoked a "poor"
response, police said.
Barring some shops and establishments who downed their
shutters in support of the bandh, by and large most commercial
establishments remained open and schools and colleges
functioned normally, police sources told PTI.
The city transport was not affected and buses and
auto-rickshaws plied as usual, they said.
Over 50 KRV activists were arrested in this connection and
67 others were taken into preventive custody today to prevent
any untoward situation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what