Belgaum Bandh evokes poor response
Belgaum: The Belgam bandh called by
Maharashtra Ekikaran Samiti (MES) in protest against
Thursday’s incident of ransacking of furniture, files and
breaking glass panes of the Corporation office, allegedly by
activists of Karnataka Rakshana Vedike (KRV) evoked a "poor"
response, police said.
Barring some shops and establishments who downed their
shutters in support of the bandh, by and large most commercial
establishments remained open and schools and colleges
functioned normally, police sources told PTI.
The city transport was not affected and buses and
auto-rickshaws plied as usual, they said.
Over 50 KRV activists were arrested in this connection and
67 others were taken into preventive custody today to prevent
any untoward situation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie