Bellary ministers to go on padayatra to Mysore
Bangalore: In a retaliatory mode after
attack from Opposition parties over alleged illegal mining,
Karnataka Health Minister B Sreeramulu today said he and his
ministerial colleagues -- the Reddy brothers -- would
undertake a padayatra from Bellary to Mysore to "expose the
misdeeds" of Congress and JDS.
"Congress leader Siddaramaiah has announced plans to
undertake padayatra from Bangalore to Bellary. We (ministers G
Janardhana Reddy, G Karunakara Reddy and himself) will go on
padayatra from Bellary to Mysore," Sreeramulu told reporters.
Sreeramulu, one of the mining magnets of the mine-rich
Bellary district and a business associate of the Reddy
brothers, dared the Opposition parties to prove their charge
that he was involved in illegal mining and declared "if it is
proved, I am ready to quit".
He termed as "politically motivated" the statement
made by Governor H R Bhardwaj on illegal mining.
Sreeramulu also flayed the Opposition dharna over the
issue in the Assembly and said "Let them come to Bellary to
see the development works that have taken place there. When
Congress president Sonia Gandhi was elected to Lok Sabha from
Bellary, the then Congress government announced a special
package for its development, but it was not implemented."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP