BEML signs MoU with Karnataka to establish another unit
Bangalore: Earthmoving and heavy industrial
equipment manufacturer Bharat Earth Movers Ltd (BEML) today
signed a MoU with the Karnataka Government at the Global
Investors Meet here for establishing another manufacturing
complex in the city.
Under the MoU, Karnataka has agreed to provide 25 acres
of land to BEML in the notified Special Economic Zone near the
Bangalore International Airport, Devanahalli, to establish a
unit for design and manufacture of aircraft components,
sub-assemblies and MRO activities related to Aerospace
The proposed manufacturing complex of BEML is expected to
generate employment for about 250 personnel initially, besides
providing ample business opportunities to local vendors with
regard to procurement of raw materials and components, BEML
said in a release here.
BEML has established a new aerospace division as a part
of its product diversification and expansion initiative. The
company is eyeing a sizable slice of the aero and
defence-related offset business, which is expected to exceed
USD 15 billion in the next 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why