BEML signs MoU with Karnataka to establish another unit
Bangalore: Earthmoving and heavy industrial
equipment manufacturer Bharat Earth Movers Ltd (BEML) today
signed a MoU with the Karnataka Government at the Global
Investors Meet here for establishing another manufacturing
complex in the city.
Under the MoU, Karnataka has agreed to provide 25 acres
of land to BEML in the notified Special Economic Zone near the
Bangalore International Airport, Devanahalli, to establish a
unit for design and manufacture of aircraft components,
sub-assemblies and MRO activities related to Aerospace
The proposed manufacturing complex of BEML is expected to
generate employment for about 250 personnel initially, besides
providing ample business opportunities to local vendors with
regard to procurement of raw materials and components, BEML
said in a release here.
BEML has established a new aerospace division as a part
of its product diversification and expansion initiative. The
company is eyeing a sizable slice of the aero and
defence-related offset business, which is expected to exceed
USD 15 billion in the next 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years