Bengaluru: A school here which was shut last week after the alleged rape of a 6-year-old girl inside the institution's premises, reopened on Thursday.
The development came after a delegation of parents held a meeting with the school and police administration yesterday following which the authorities agreed to resume the classes with intensified security measures beginning today.
"The school will re-open from tomorrow (Thursday) morning. The school management has not only agreed, but has also already started implementing all the measures. Our Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) has already examined all the measures and they are in the process of completing to install about 90 CCTV cameras, which will be done by end of the week," Bengaluru Police Commissioner MN Reddi said yesterday.
"The parents are also anxious that the children should get back and we are in agreement with them and they will resume the school from tomorrow. All the measures as directed by us will be implemented," he added.
Reddi further said that the parents expressed satisfaction with the discussions held during the meeting.
"We are satisfied with the meeting, from tomorrow the school will start, the facilities will be provided it seems and slowly they will provide it and because of that from tomorrow onwards they will start the school. Floor vigilance will be there by the teachers, so we are satisfied. The guidelines set by the police will be fulfilled within a short time," said Mohini Hitch, one of the parents who attended yesterday's meeting.
Another parent added it was decided in the meeting that facilities like arranging for cameras and floor vigilance will be provided, and all information about the children will also be kept.
Bengaluru Police had on Sunday arrested the principal and one of the directors of the private school where the six-year-old child was allegedly raped. A case of negligence was also filed against the institution for not following the guidelines issued for children safety.
(With ANI inputs)