B’glore: Child welfare official remanded to JC
Bangalore: A top official in the Women and Child Welfare department here, charged with raping a woman who runs a school for mentally-challenged children, has been remanded to 14 days judicial custody, police said on Sunday.
Radhakrishna, a Deputy Director in the department, was arrested yesterday for allegedly raping the 38-year-old widow.
He was produced before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Ramakrishna who remanded him in custody last night.
A case of rape was registered against the official on the basis of the woman`s complaint. The woman had alleged that Radhakrishna raped her at a hotel promising her release of medical grant to her institution, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!