B’glore: Child welfare official remanded to JC
Bangalore: A top official in the Women and Child Welfare department here, charged with raping a woman who runs a school for mentally-challenged children, has been remanded to 14 days judicial custody, police said on Sunday.
Radhakrishna, a Deputy Director in the department, was arrested yesterday for allegedly raping the 38-year-old widow.
He was produced before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Ramakrishna who remanded him in custody last night.
A case of rape was registered against the official on the basis of the woman`s complaint. The woman had alleged that Radhakrishna raped her at a hotel promising her release of medical grant to her institution, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed