Bhardwaj `hell bent` on toppling Yeddyurappa govt: Swamy
Chennai: Janata Party leader Subramanian Swamy on Monday alleged that Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj was "hell bent" on getting the Yeddyurappa government removed by "hook or crook".
"The defiling of the Constitution by the Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj has attained the deplorable state it reached during the 1975-77 Emergency," Swamy said in a statement here.
The Janata Party leader also hoped that the Congress Party "dare not precipitate an election in Karnataka which Yeddyurappa will win by a thumping two-third majority of Assembly seats," and demanded that the Prime Minister stopped "this debasement of the Constitution”.
Bhardwaj had yesterday recommended the Centre to impose President`s rule on the state following the Supreme Court judgement of reversing the Karnataka High Court decision of disqualifying 11 BJP rebel MLAs and five independents ahead of the October 10, 2010 floor test in the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof