Bidar-Hyderabad train introduced
Bidar: The long-felt demand of people of this district for a direct train to Hyderabad was fulfilled Monday with the flagging off an Inter-City Express service between the two places.
Minister of state for Railways K H Muniyappa flagged off the train at the Railway station here.
The train which leaves here at 7 AM will reach Hyderabad at 10.20 AM. In the return direction, it will leave Hyderabad at 6.45 pm and arrive here at 10.15 pm.
Muniyappa recalled the efforts by Union Minister for Labour M Mallikarjun Kharge and former chief minister N Dharam Singh, who represents Bidar Lok Sabha constituency for their efforts in introduction of the new train.
Muniyappa said the Bidar-Gulbarga new line would be completed in about a year`s time.
Besides Dharam Singh, Minister for Infrastructure Development Sunil Valyapure and others were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police