Bidar-Hyderabad train introduced
Bidar: The long-felt demand of people of this district for a direct train to Hyderabad was fulfilled Monday with the flagging off an Inter-City Express service between the two places.
Minister of state for Railways K H Muniyappa flagged off the train at the Railway station here.
The train which leaves here at 7 AM will reach Hyderabad at 10.20 AM. In the return direction, it will leave Hyderabad at 6.45 pm and arrive here at 10.15 pm.
Muniyappa recalled the efforts by Union Minister for Labour M Mallikarjun Kharge and former chief minister N Dharam Singh, who represents Bidar Lok Sabha constituency for their efforts in introduction of the new train.
Muniyappa said the Bidar-Gulbarga new line would be completed in about a year`s time.
Besides Dharam Singh, Minister for Infrastructure Development Sunil Valyapure and others were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India