Bidar-Hyderabad train introduced
Bidar: The long-felt demand of people of this district for a direct train to Hyderabad was fulfilled Monday with the flagging off an Inter-City Express service between the two places.
Minister of state for Railways K H Muniyappa flagged off the train at the Railway station here.
The train which leaves here at 7 AM will reach Hyderabad at 10.20 AM. In the return direction, it will leave Hyderabad at 6.45 pm and arrive here at 10.15 pm.
Muniyappa recalled the efforts by Union Minister for Labour M Mallikarjun Kharge and former chief minister N Dharam Singh, who represents Bidar Lok Sabha constituency for their efforts in introduction of the new train.
Muniyappa said the Bidar-Gulbarga new line would be completed in about a year`s time.
Besides Dharam Singh, Minister for Infrastructure Development Sunil Valyapure and others were present on the occasion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India