Bijapur airport work to be taken up soon, Baig
Bijapur: Work on Bijapur airport would soon be taken up, Minister for Infrastructure and Information Roshan Baig said here today.
Speaking to reporters after inspecting the airport area near Madhabhavi, 12 km from here, he said the Airport Authority of India has agreed to build it at Bijapur at an estimated cost of Rs 100 crore.
The Centre has requested the state government to share 50 per cent of the cost he said, adding that the state had already earmarked Rs 50 crore for the project.
An action plan would soon be formulated and sanction taken to commence the work, he said.
Speaking about the Information Department, he said all required facilities would be given to district information offices in consultation with each district journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter