BJP alleges Bhardwaj`s "excessive interference" in Karnataka
Chennai: Charging Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj with `excessive interference` in the administrative affairs in that state, BJP on Monday pinned him as the `problem`
for putting the state and the ruling BJP in news for `all wrong reasons`.
`The Governor is the problem. Constitutionally, he has exceeded his limits,` BJP spokesperson Nirmala Seetharam told reporters here.
The saffron party has been dogged by illegal mining of iron ore in Bellary and the alleged involvement of cabinet ministers, the Reddy brothers, in that, allowing opposition
Congress and JD(S) to take up the issue and even stall the Assembly proceedings, she said.
Seetharaman alleged that `excessive interference` by Bharadwaj, who had even appraised President Pratibha Patil of the political climate in the state recently, had `aggravated`
`Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa had assured of action (into illegal mining) and the Lok Ayukta is looking into it,` she said.
She refrained from commenting on the role of Reddy brothers` role in the entire issue, but said the Lok Ayukta was probing. She denied the issue had resulted in any
`crisis` in the party in Karnataka.
`There may be problems (in party and government) which is common to all. But there is no crisis,` she said.
On the attack on a TV channel allegedly by RSS workers in New Delhi last week for airing reports of terror charges against some of its leaders, Seetharaman said `the reports
lacked corraboration` and alleged there was no verification of facts.
She said that the Delhi police was looking into the issue of attack on the office of TV channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family