`BJP central leadership not divided over action against Yeddy`
Bangalore: The BJP central leadership was not divided over the issue of taking action against Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, facing corruption charges, but no prima facie case has yet been made out against him, senior leader Rajnath Singh said here on Thursday.
"There is no need to tell Yeddyurappa to quit the post. He will quit himself if a prima facie case is made out", the former BJP president told reporters here.
"When there is no prima facie case, how can he leave the post", he said when asked whether BJP is divided over the issue of initiating action against Yeddyurappa.
Singh questioned Governor HR Bhardwaj`s action in sanctioning prosecution of Yeddyurappa on a complaint by two advocates "on a piece of paper".
Asked about senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh`s statement that those facing allegations should quit, he said Yeddyurappa would go if the allegations were proved and there was no need for the central leadership to ask him do so.
Singh said it was advisable to await the outcome of the probe by a Judicial commission and the Lokayukta into allegations against Yeddyurappa.
To a query, Singh said he was not here at the behest of the BJP high command to convince Yeddyurappa to resign, adding "I am here to attend a function at Suttur mutt in Mysore".
Contradicting BJP spokesman Prakash Javdekar`s recent statement that the party was conducting an internal inquiry into charges against Yeddyurappa, he said, "There is no internal assessment".
He termed as a `nominal action`, the arrest of former Telecom minister A Raja by CBI in the 2G Spectrum scam and said it was meant only to deflect BJP`s demand for JPC probe.
The BJP, he said, would not drop its demand for a JPC probe into the 2G spectrum issue and Commonwealth Games and Adarsh Housing Society scams and would continue to press for
it in the coming Budget Session of Parliament.
"The Government is responsible for the logjam in Parliament. NDA has decided to contiue its protest till its demand for a JPC probe is met", Rajnath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read