BJP complains to EC on Bellary bypoll
Bangalore: The ruling BJP on Saturday complained
to the Election Commission about alleged violations of the
model code of conduct by Independent candidate B Sreeramulu
and Congress nominee Ramprasad in the run up to the November
30 Bellary Rural bypoll and demanded action against them.
BJP leaders B N Vijayakumar, Dr C N Ashwathnarayana (both
MLAs) and city unit BJP President Subbanarayana in their
complaint alleged that Sreeramulu has been distributing T
shirts, while Congress was using vehicles for electioneering
without securing EC`s permission.
The party requested the Election Commission to declare all
polling stations coming under the constituency as "hyper
sensitive" and ensure adequate security for free and fair
BJP also wanted to EC to take note of Sriramulu`s statement
to a section of the press that Rs 16 lakh expenditure limit
set by EC was inadequate and initiate action to ensure money
flow was curbed during the poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next