BJP complains to EC on Bellary bypoll
Bangalore: The ruling BJP on Saturday complained
to the Election Commission about alleged violations of the
model code of conduct by Independent candidate B Sreeramulu
and Congress nominee Ramprasad in the run up to the November
30 Bellary Rural bypoll and demanded action against them.
BJP leaders B N Vijayakumar, Dr C N Ashwathnarayana (both
MLAs) and city unit BJP President Subbanarayana in their
complaint alleged that Sreeramulu has been distributing T
shirts, while Congress was using vehicles for electioneering
without securing EC`s permission.
The party requested the Election Commission to declare all
polling stations coming under the constituency as "hyper
sensitive" and ensure adequate security for free and fair
BJP also wanted to EC to take note of Sriramulu`s statement
to a section of the press that Rs 16 lakh expenditure limit
set by EC was inadequate and initiate action to ensure money
flow was curbed during the poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US