BJP confident of winning trust vote; crisis likely to blow-over
Bangalore: BJP on Thursday expressed confidence on winning the October 11 trust vote, amid indications that the crisis faced by the 28-month-old Yeddyurappa ministry is
set to blow-over.
Along with BJP general secretary HN Anath Kumar, the "save Yeddyurappa campaign" is partly being spearheaded by Tourism and Infrastructure Development Minister G Janardhana Reddy, who had led a rebellion against the chief minister last year.
"We have clear majority," Reddy said adding opposition leaders Siddaramaiah (Cong) and HD Kumaraswamy (JD-S) will have to "hang their heads" on October 11 (when the government faces the trust vote).
State BJP president KS Eshwarappa said the government was not facing crisis.
"We are 100 percent confident of getting a majority on October 11", Eshwarappa said.
"There is no question of dissident activities in the BJP. Some MLAs are dissatisfied; they nurse desires and hopes of getting posts and positions", he said, adding as a family,
the BJP would resolve the issues amicably.
Meanwhile, SK Bellubbi, one of the 18 MLAs who announced withdrawal of support to the Government yesterday, deserted the dissident camp and expressed loyalty to the
BJP sources said Bellubbi is likely to be made a Minister, along with dissident BJP MLAs Beluru Gopalakrishna and HS Shankaralinge Gowda in order to win over the rebels.
Ministers S Suresh Kumar, VS Acharya and B Sriramulu have offered to quit, if required, to make way for induction of new faces.
Sources said the Minister of Information Technology, Biotechnology and Housing, Katta Subramanya Naidu, facing allegations of corruption when he was Industries Minister, is
likely to be dropped.
Sources said Sugar and Horticulture Minister SA Ravindranatha and Mass Education and Public Libraries Minister Revu Naik are likely to be asked to quit, if need arises, to
accommodate more aspirants into the Cabinet.
Meanwhile, party sources said more dissidents are expected to desert the rebel camp and switch over to the government camp. Some dissidents are reportedly worried about
attracting provisions of anti-defection laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe