BJP demands SIT probe in corruption cases in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: The BJP Thursday demanded a thorough
probe by a Special Investigation Team (SIT) into all corruption cases in Orissa.
"All scams that have taken place during the 11-year-rule of
Naveen Patnaik should be investigated thoroughly by SIT,"
BJP`s national secretary Kirit Somaya told reporters after
releasing a chargesheet against the state government.
SIT should be formed to probe scams relating to MGNREGA,
dal scandal, mining, water, cheating of farmers, diversion of
funds meant for tribals and other issues, he said, adding
inquiry should be conducted preferably under monitoring and
supervision of the Orissa High Court.
On CBI probe into MGNREGA scam being conducted in six
districts, senior party leader Bijoy Mohapatra said all the 30
districts of the state and all the years from 2006-07 to
2010-11 should be included within purview of the
"Since irregularities were rampant throughout the state, a
comprehensive inquiry is required in all the districts instead
of confining it to six districts," he said.
Referring to the multi-crore scam in purchase of dal for
mid-day meal and other schemes, he claimed that probe by
vigilance wing had virtually been stopped as it was feared
that many officers, ministers and the chief minister himself
would have to be dragged into its purview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab