BJP demands SIT probe in corruption cases in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: The BJP Thursday demanded a thorough
probe by a Special Investigation Team (SIT) into all corruption cases in Orissa.
"All scams that have taken place during the 11-year-rule of
Naveen Patnaik should be investigated thoroughly by SIT,"
BJP`s national secretary Kirit Somaya told reporters after
releasing a chargesheet against the state government.
SIT should be formed to probe scams relating to MGNREGA,
dal scandal, mining, water, cheating of farmers, diversion of
funds meant for tribals and other issues, he said, adding
inquiry should be conducted preferably under monitoring and
supervision of the Orissa High Court.
On CBI probe into MGNREGA scam being conducted in six
districts, senior party leader Bijoy Mohapatra said all the 30
districts of the state and all the years from 2006-07 to
2010-11 should be included within purview of the
"Since irregularities were rampant throughout the state, a
comprehensive inquiry is required in all the districts instead
of confining it to six districts," he said.
Referring to the multi-crore scam in purchase of dal for
mid-day meal and other schemes, he claimed that probe by
vigilance wing had virtually been stopped as it was feared
that many officers, ministers and the chief minister himself
would have to be dragged into its purview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars