BJP demands UPA govt`s resignation on `moral grounds`
Bangalore: BJP on Sunday demanded resignation of UPA government on "moral grounds" in the wake of CAG`s findings on `various scams` and flayed Congress for attacking institutions like the Comptroller and Auditor General.
"After the CAG report on various scams, the UPA goverment has lost the moral authority to remain in power. We demand its resignation so that it paves the way for early elections," senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here.
"Corruption, anarchy and price rise have reached their peak in the country. The nation`s wealth is being looted systematically and the looters are being protected. Besides corruption, lack of leadership and policy paralysis are the reasons for the present state of affairs," he said.
Instead of taking action when revelations are being made about various scams, Congress was attacking institutions like the CAG which is bringing out the truth, he alleged.
"We will examine whether we can move a privilege motion against Congress on Tuesday when the House meets. We will confront the government", he said.
Naidu said `corruption-ridden` UPA government was becoming more unpopular and that as and when elections are held, it would be routed and NDA will come back to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite