BJP demands UPA govt`s resignation on `moral grounds`
Bangalore: BJP on Sunday demanded resignation of UPA government on "moral grounds" in the wake of CAG`s findings on `various scams` and flayed Congress for attacking institutions like the Comptroller and Auditor General.
"After the CAG report on various scams, the UPA goverment has lost the moral authority to remain in power. We demand its resignation so that it paves the way for early elections," senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here.
"Corruption, anarchy and price rise have reached their peak in the country. The nation`s wealth is being looted systematically and the looters are being protected. Besides corruption, lack of leadership and policy paralysis are the reasons for the present state of affairs," he said.
Instead of taking action when revelations are being made about various scams, Congress was attacking institutions like the CAG which is bringing out the truth, he alleged.
"We will examine whether we can move a privilege motion against Congress on Tuesday when the House meets. We will confront the government", he said.
Naidu said `corruption-ridden` UPA government was becoming more unpopular and that as and when elections are held, it would be routed and NDA will come back to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'