BJP discusses strategy for ULB, Assembly elections
Bangalore: BJP on Tuesday held a special meeting to discuss the party`s strategy in the March 7 polls to urban local bodies as well as the Assembly elections, due in May.
Party leaders would be made in charge of each ward, BJP state general secretary Raghunath Rao Malkapure told reporters here.
BJP has already decided to give tickets to 108 sitting MLAs in the Assembly, while for the remaining 116 seats, the party has convened a three-day meeting from March 8 on finalising candidates.
On March 13, the party`s state executive committee would hold its meeting, which would be attended by BJP national President Rajnath Singh.
BJP has also formed five teams -- led by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar and Deputy Chief Ministers K S Eshwarappa (who is also the president of the state unit) and R Ashoka, senior party leader H N Ananth Kumar and former Chief Minister D V Sadandana Gowda -- which would undertake "rath-yatra" from March 15 to March 29.
On March 31, the party plans to hold a workers` convention here, where 10 lakh people are expected to participate, Malkapure said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Charleston church shooting case: US seeks death penalty for shooter Dylann Roof
- Irregularities in petition to oust Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro
- Alcohol kills an Indian every 96 minutes
- KSEEB 2nd (II) PUC Results 2016 Karnataka Board: Kseeb.kar.nic.in & karresults.nic.in for Class 12th XII, Second PUC Exam Results 2016 Karnataka Board, KSEEB to be declared shortly
- Devastated Ben Stokes undergoes surgery; Reece Topley ruled out for three months