BJP Elders` Forum to release list of tainted MLAs,
Bangalore: Karnataka BJP Elders` Forum, an informal group of party veterans, on Saturday said it would release a list of tainted ruling party MLAs and Ministers and threatened to field "honest candidates", if tainted ones were given tickets to contest in the next Assembly elections.
"We will release a list of 20 to 30 tainted MLAs and Ministers in one or two months", the Forum`s President B B Shivappa, former President of the party`s state unit, told reporters after a meeting of the grouping.
"If opportunity is given for them to contest, fitting reply will be given by fielding honest candidates", added Shivappa, also a former MLA.
He expressed the view former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa leaving the party and floating a new regional outfit would not harm the interest of the BJP though there would be "minor problems here and there" with his followers and those who benefited from him choosing to go with him.
Shivappa asserted that the dominant Lingayat community would not back Yeddyurappa.
To a question, he said had the RSS been "powerful", it would not have allowed things to come to such a pass vis-a-vis the BJP government which, according to him, earned a "bad name".
"Had RSS been firm, Yeddyurappa would not have treaded the wrong path", Shivappa said.
The Forum urged the BJP government to "stop theatrics; engage in governance", saying the Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, Deputy Chief Ministers K S Eshwarappa and R Ashoka and "prominent" ministers are only busy trying to placate Yeddyurappa to stay in the party.
"People have elected you for providing pro-people governance and not to while away time indulging in infighting. Under the Chief Minister`s leadership, the administration should be given renewed vigour and problems of the people should be responded to", he said.
Former MP and ex-Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha, S Mallikarjunaiah, former MLAs Rama Bhattaru and Shakuntala Shetty and former MLC Anna Vinaya Chandra were among those who are part of the Forum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title