BJP favours two states, Congress only wants Telangana: Modi
Karnataka: Bharatiya Janata Party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Friday said his party wanted both Telangana and Seemandhra to thrive, but the Congress believed in killing the mother while delivering a child.
"Look what these fraud Gandhis have done to Andhra Pradesh. We wanted both Telangana and Seemandhra to thrive, but the Congress is a doctor that believes in killing the mother while delivering a child," said Modi, while addressing a rally in Karnataka.
"Congress wants to divide and increase their vote-bank, but Telangana has been created because of the sacrifices of hundreds of people, not because of Congress. Seemandhra is also a part of India but the government at the Centre has orphaned it," he said.
"Congress knows it won`t get anything in Seemandhra, so, they have left the region to fend for itself. This is wrong," he added.
He further said that vote bank and corruption politics were the identity of the Congress.
"The Congress Party`s identity is vote bank politics, corruption politics and dynasty politics. Even Fali Nariman has resigned from a government panel, this is a proof of Congress` corrupt politics," Modi said.
"Congress politics is politics of divide and rule. They make people fight, while they enjoy themselves in Delhi. They break the country, states, and hearts," he said.
"But we are not like them. This rally venue may be small to today but Modi`s heart is big. There may not be place for you on this ground, but there will always be place for you in my heart," he added.
He also said that the Congress would not be able to survive the coming elections.
"Elections have not been announced yet, but there is already a storm brewing. Once the elections are announced, this storm will become a tsunami and the Congress won`t be able to survive it," Modi said.
"The Congress is going to be wiped out because of its sins. The people of India have understood that the reason for their troubles is the same party. Don`t trust the Congress` promises, their leaders and their intent," he said.
"They had promised to curb inflation in 100 days, but did they live up to their promises? Don`t trust those who betray public trust. While working people make mistakes, some things remain, but then one must go and tell people about it, but the Congress doesn`t do that," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves