BJP flays CBI failure on Aarushi murder case
Bangalore: Slamming the CBI for its `failure` to
crack the Aarushi Talwar murder case, BJP on Thursday charged that
the agency`s entire capacity was now involved in political
management of cases in which Central government is involved.
"I think CBI`s failure in the latest case of Arushi is
extremely unfortunate. This has completely destroyed the
professionalism and capacity of CBI", senior BJP leader
Arun Jaitley told reporters.
CBI has been used essentially to cover up instances that
are against the government and to implicate the opposition
leaders, the Opposition leader in the Rajya Sabha said a day
after CBI decided to seek closure of the Arushi murder case.
"The capacity of CBI to resolve even normal cases has
been completely demolished.The country expects them to come
with some results on Ruchika and Arushi cases", Jaitley said.
Jaitley, here to attend the Karnataka Core Group meeting
of the party, alleged that the CBI has "miserably" failed in
both the cases of Ruchika`s molestation which involved a
senior police officer and the sensational Arushi murder case.
The government and the CBI must seriously introspect
in these cases and culprits should be identified, he said.
Asked about BJP National General Secretary Anantkumar`s
alleged links with corporate lobbyist Niira Radia, Jaitley
dismissed them as baseless and demanded that the Congress
either should tender proof or withdraw the charges.
Anantkumar, who was also present, however refused to take
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble