BJP flays CBI failure on Aarushi murder case
Bangalore: Slamming the CBI for its `failure` to
crack the Aarushi Talwar murder case, BJP on Thursday charged that
the agency`s entire capacity was now involved in political
management of cases in which Central government is involved.
"I think CBI`s failure in the latest case of Arushi is
extremely unfortunate. This has completely destroyed the
professionalism and capacity of CBI", senior BJP leader
Arun Jaitley told reporters.
CBI has been used essentially to cover up instances that
are against the government and to implicate the opposition
leaders, the Opposition leader in the Rajya Sabha said a day
after CBI decided to seek closure of the Arushi murder case.
"The capacity of CBI to resolve even normal cases has
been completely demolished.The country expects them to come
with some results on Ruchika and Arushi cases", Jaitley said.
Jaitley, here to attend the Karnataka Core Group meeting
of the party, alleged that the CBI has "miserably" failed in
both the cases of Ruchika`s molestation which involved a
senior police officer and the sensational Arushi murder case.
The government and the CBI must seriously introspect
in these cases and culprits should be identified, he said.
Asked about BJP National General Secretary Anantkumar`s
alleged links with corporate lobbyist Niira Radia, Jaitley
dismissed them as baseless and demanded that the Congress
either should tender proof or withdraw the charges.
Anantkumar, who was also present, however refused to take
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India