BJP govt behind complaint against me: Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy on Tuesday accused ruling BJP in the state of playing a role in filing of a private complaint against him, alleging irregularities in denotifying 3.8 acres for a residential layout, into which Lokayukta court has ordered a probe.
He alleged Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda`s political
secretary had secured copies from various departments to
facilitate filing of the complaint and also released some
documents to back the claims.
"A false case has been filed against me in a vindictive
action after I exposed corruption in BJP government,"
Kumaraswamy told reporters here.
"Whatever I have exposed so far is only the tip of the
iceberg. I will expose more major scams," he said.
The Lokayukta Court had yesterday referred the complaint
filed by one Madhuswamy to Lokayukta police for investigation.
Madhuswamy has alleged that Kumaraswamy denotified 3.8
acres in Thanisandra village, acquired by Bangalore
Development Authority for forming residential sites in
Kumaraswamy said he would not comment on the court order
but would challenge it.
He defended the denotification as no sites had been
formed in it and BDA had also not passed the final award.
Kumaraswamy said former minister C Chennigappa, an accused
in the complaint, had no role in the denotification of land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them