BJP govt in Karnataka plans to ban indecent depiction of Gods
Bangalore: The BJP government in Karnataka plans to ban indecent depiction of images of Hindu gods and goddesses especially on dress materials and cracker packs and, if need be, bring in a legislation to curb such tendency.
Announcing this, Muzrai Minister Kota Srinivas Poojary said many complaints have been received from the public on printing of such photos indecently on `T` Shirts and cracker packs.
There are also instances of naming bars and restaurants after gods and goddesses which are likely to hurt religious sentiments of sections of the society, he pointed out.
The government also has plans to regulate unauthorised road-side, make-shift shrines, which would now be directed to get themselves registered with local authorities.
Poojary said the Department plans to observe one day in a year as `Dharmika Dinacharane` (day of religious celebrations) and the date would be finalised after consultation with the state-level "Dharmika Parishath".
The department would also constitute an annual award, comprising a cash prize of Rs one lakh, in memory of noted Yakshagana exponent Haradi Rama Ganiga, and a committee of experts would select the best Yakshagana artist every year, the Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside