BJP govt in Karnataka plans to ban indecent depiction of Gods
Bangalore: The BJP government in Karnataka plans to ban indecent depiction of images of Hindu gods and goddesses especially on dress materials and cracker packs and, if need be, bring in a legislation to curb such tendency.
Announcing this, Muzrai Minister Kota Srinivas Poojary said many complaints have been received from the public on printing of such photos indecently on `T` Shirts and cracker packs.
There are also instances of naming bars and restaurants after gods and goddesses which are likely to hurt religious sentiments of sections of the society, he pointed out.
The government also has plans to regulate unauthorised road-side, make-shift shrines, which would now be directed to get themselves registered with local authorities.
Poojary said the Department plans to observe one day in a year as `Dharmika Dinacharane` (day of religious celebrations) and the date would be finalised after consultation with the state-level "Dharmika Parishath".
The department would also constitute an annual award, comprising a cash prize of Rs one lakh, in memory of noted Yakshagana exponent Haradi Rama Ganiga, and a committee of experts would select the best Yakshagana artist every year, the Minister added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview