BJP govt in K’taka has failed on all fronts: Cong
Bangalore: Slamming the ruling BJP for "failing
on all fronts", Congress in Karnataka on Sunday launched a campaign
against the government, appealing to people to oust it.
Congress leaders, who addressed a well attended rally on
the city outskirts, lashed out at the BJP government and
accused it of neglecting people in drought-hit areas.
Upbeat over Congress` victory in the recent
Udupi-Chimagalur Lok Sabha bypoll, they began their
campaign -- Congress ge banni. Badalavane Thanni (Come to
Congress, Usher in a Change) by beating drums and with a call
to people to oust the BJP government.
KPCC president G Parameshwara likened the government led
by Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda to a "clinically alive
patient". "This government is on a ventilator. The moment the
ventilator is removed, it will collapse. People should get
ready to remove the ventilator in the next assembly election".
The administrative machinery has crumbled in the state in
the wake of power struggle among BJP leaders, he alleged,
taking a dig at the leadership tussle between former Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa and Gowda.
Parameshwara and Opposition leader in the state assembly
Siddaramaiah hit out at the "resort politics" of BJP leaders.
When 123 taluks faced severe drought, the BJP members were
at a resort, Siddaramaaih said.
Siddaramaiah promised that if the Congress returned to
power it would revive the distribution of rice to poor at Rs
three per kg, a programme which was shelved by BJP.
Congress General Secretary Madusudan Mistry, also in-charge
of Karnataka, said the state BJP has emulated "Gujarat Model"
in respect of viewing porn by its MLAs inside the assembly.
"While two MLAs viewed blue film in Karnataka, three MLAs
did it in Gujarat. Here Yeddyurappa is facing corruption. In
Gujarat Modi is accused of corruption which has been brought
out by a CAG report", he said.
Mistry said Congress President Sonia Gandhi will visit
Tumkur on April 28 to participate in the 105th birthday
celebrations of Siddganga mutt seer Shivakumar Swamiji.
The party will continue the campaign across the state
against the BJP "misrule," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof