BJP govt in K’taka has failed on all fronts: Cong
Bangalore: Slamming the ruling BJP for "failing
on all fronts", Congress in Karnataka on Sunday launched a campaign
against the government, appealing to people to oust it.
Congress leaders, who addressed a well attended rally on
the city outskirts, lashed out at the BJP government and
accused it of neglecting people in drought-hit areas.
Upbeat over Congress` victory in the recent
Udupi-Chimagalur Lok Sabha bypoll, they began their
campaign -- Congress ge banni. Badalavane Thanni (Come to
Congress, Usher in a Change) by beating drums and with a call
to people to oust the BJP government.
KPCC president G Parameshwara likened the government led
by Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda to a "clinically alive
patient". "This government is on a ventilator. The moment the
ventilator is removed, it will collapse. People should get
ready to remove the ventilator in the next assembly election".
The administrative machinery has crumbled in the state in
the wake of power struggle among BJP leaders, he alleged,
taking a dig at the leadership tussle between former Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa and Gowda.
Parameshwara and Opposition leader in the state assembly
Siddaramaiah hit out at the "resort politics" of BJP leaders.
When 123 taluks faced severe drought, the BJP members were
at a resort, Siddaramaaih said.
Siddaramaiah promised that if the Congress returned to
power it would revive the distribution of rice to poor at Rs
three per kg, a programme which was shelved by BJP.
Congress General Secretary Madusudan Mistry, also in-charge
of Karnataka, said the state BJP has emulated "Gujarat Model"
in respect of viewing porn by its MLAs inside the assembly.
"While two MLAs viewed blue film in Karnataka, three MLAs
did it in Gujarat. Here Yeddyurappa is facing corruption. In
Gujarat Modi is accused of corruption which has been brought
out by a CAG report", he said.
Mistry said Congress President Sonia Gandhi will visit
Tumkur on April 28 to participate in the 105th birthday
celebrations of Siddganga mutt seer Shivakumar Swamiji.
The party will continue the campaign across the state
against the BJP "misrule," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state