BJP Govt received kickbacks on sand export issue: BSY
Bangalore: Former Chief Minister and Karnataka Janata Paksha President B S Yeddyurappa on Wednesday alleged that the BJP Government has received kickbacks for lifting ban on the export of sand from coastal districts of the state.
"Without receiving kickbacks, the government could not have lifted the ban on sand export from coastal districts of Dakshina Kannada, Uttara Kannada and Udupi," Yeddyurappa alleged at a press conference here.
He said the government decision came as the price had shot up from Rs 5,000 a truck load to Rs 30,000.
Yeddyurappa claimed he had resisted the pressure of those clamouring for lifting of ban on sand export during his tenure as Chief Minister, but the Jagadish Shettar Government succumbed to pressure tactics.
"The state itself is facing severe shortage of sand. This decision will deeply affect the economic development of the state," he said.
Meanwhile, Yeddyurappa welcomed BJP MLC K R Mallikarjunappa and former JDS MLA S Balaraj into KJP. "Many more leaders are keen to join KJP following BJP`s defeat in Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) elections," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt